+30 2310870670or at email@example.com
Show on map
The Akrotainaro or Cape Matapas from the ancient "processed Accra" in principle, forms a narrow "neck" a strip of land "squeezed" from the bay of Porto marinara on the right (west], where is the settlement Marmari (anc 'Achilles Limin ') with three beautiful sandy beaches and the bay of Porto Cayo on the left (east), with the settlement ancient "Psammathous".
Opposite and North of Puerto Cayo are the ruins of the castle, guarding the "Port of Quails' (from the French« Port aux Caill ». Today the walls of the towers intermingle with small settlement Achilles. Between the two bays on a hill, the site Rulers dominates the imposing Grigorakakis tower.
Then en route to the Kokkinogeia and ancient Psychopompeio Cape widens. To the left of the cursor, showing the beautiful settlement Paliros, beneath which lies a huge "network" with stone walls. At the end of the road, very old desert chapel of Saints Asomaton is built with stones of the ancient temple of Poseidon Tenaro. A few dozen meters to the left of the church, next to a small beach, a moat carved in rocks considered part of Psychopoumpeiou.
The cave was the entrance gate to Hades remains unknown, although local fishermen consider it to be a cave accessible only by sea. To the right of the church Asomati begins the path, which after 45 minutes leads to the impressive lighthouse of 1882, at the end of Mani. From where we are, just north can move, but this time we will go to the other side of Mani, the Prosiliaki.